Saturday, October 17, 2009

Finished My Rowan "Moustiers" Sweater

I finished knitting this sweater months ago... just needed to sew it up. Decided I better get it together as fall has officially hit London. My Sunday mornings are taken up with a long commute and sitting around while my daughter is at field hockey training--three and a half hours--so that gave me plenty of time. You know this is my least favorite part of the job, but each time I finish, I say, "That wasn't so bad!" But I never seem to remember that...

It was the first time that I bought the exact yarn and color for a pattern I found in a book. When the yarn finally arrived I had a "yuck" moment. Loved the texture, but the colors just didn't seem to go together at all. Decided to go for it anyway. Ended up liking the fit, but made a few changes along the way. Made the arms a little longer and took away the fullness around the hips. Nice to have it done. My husband said it's his favorite.

Have a baby vest that needs to be finished. Maybe I'll work on that tomorrow on my long tube ride to field hockey.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this sweater ! I think the colours are great. Happy to see that you are still knitting.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

This sweater looks great! Do you make smaller sizes for large babies?

Do you ship to Japan???

Love,

Myles

Bohemian girl said...

Hi, I just read your post on MarLen shop in Prague from 2008 and I am curious to find out how the knitting from their yarn looks. Did you like knitting with their yarn? I am asking because I have bought few skeins there and I want to give them as a gift to some one. Thank you and Greetings from Prague (if you are somewhere else in the world by now)
Magda

Verona said...

I am wondering why you stopped posting. You have such great projects.
Verona

Tier said...

I miss some newer posts and pictures about NKs ("New Knits" :-)). What happened?