Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Wash Never Ends

Really. It doesn't. I feel like I just get one load done and there's another two waiting for the washer. Then there's the heaping basket of folding that needs to be done. Let's not talk about the piles of dog hair that collect behind the door and under the stairs. Last night I finally got to the inch of dust on the book shelf. Never mind the dishes and scrubbing the lime off the shower glass, taking out the recycling, making beds, mopping the floor and vacuuming... the list goes on and on. I have a husband who does a lot of work, so I can't complain about working a full day and then coming home and working another full day with no help because that's not the case; however, it is disconcerting to have to spend so much of the weekend cleaning, especially when I'd rather be out enjoying London and hanging my family, knitting or reading... whatever. I get stressed by the mess, but I sometimes get paralyzed by it as well. Help! Hand me the sticks. I'll knit the stress away!

2 comments:

Verona said...

I hear you... My hubby is a great help too, but his view of "clean" and mine are a bit different. Nevertheless, I love when he cleans up without me asking. I'm still working on my daughter to "see" mess and clean it up. I keep on "teaching" and "nagging" the kid. :)
Like you, I like to knit when I have stress and when agitated love to sit in my yarn shop looking at all the beautiful yarns in the shelves. It always calms me and it makes me happy being in my shop. I still can’t believe that I really truly am co-owner of this lovely yarn shop.

KKF said...

I added your blog to my list of favorites. I think I started reading about the time you opened your shop (was it just a new location or a new shop altogether?) Anyway, thanks for reading.