Monday, June 13, 2016

Making Progress on a Hectic Rainy London Day

Crazy thing about London... rain is what it's known for, but even then, I can't say that constant downpours all day long is the norm. London rain tends to strike and then blue sky peaks out or the sun makes the clouds that remain look spectacular. Don't get me wrong, it can definitely happen. Cloudy days week after week aren't uncommon. But we don't often have downpours all day long. But today, a day I had many errands to run because we're heading to the States for summer break, was just one of those days where the sky dumped over and over again. Had a paper bag from UNIQLO that turned into mush, and while walking under an umbrella! Okay, there were driving winds and rain in sheets, but still! Luckily I noticed before I'd lost my purchase on Oxford Street.

These crazy rainy days are good for knitting. No reason to do much else (unless you need to be out), so once errands were done, I headed home and got the knitting out. Loving this pattern, loving the Rowan Cocoon, and loving getting back into knitting.

Will take the chance that I can get my knitting needles on the plane. It's always hit or miss. Don't know if I ever wrote about the time my needles were confiscated in Switzerland... after my initial outrage, I was sort of resigned to the fact that they threw my needles away, although they were terribly expensive (what was I thinking?). Just cooling down, waiting to board, I looked over and another passenger had her needles out (very similar to those that I'd just lost), and was happily knitting. So wanted to go say something, but couldn't do that to a fellow knitter. Hopefully that Karma has helped me keep my needles since.




No comments: