Sunday, March 26, 2017

Planning Our Next Trip

Spring break is coming soon and we're planning a trip to the Greek island of Corfu, and can't wait to hang out on the beach, read and knit.

I watched The Durrells television series last year, and really fell in love with the story. Started reading Gerald Durrell's The Corfu Trilogy on which I believe the series was based. Can't wait to see the island and some of the places mentioned, although I'm sure much as changed.

Already started doing research on knitting shops on the island. I don't picture Greece as a bastion of knitting (although I think I might be wrong on that count). In my limited research, seems that knitting materials and yarns may be found in ladies underwear shops. Some people say that there are some really nice things and at cheaper prices than can be found in the UK. I'm not really going to be in the market for anything, but love to poke around and see what's available. Will keep everyone posted on what I find.

No comments: