Saturday, August 9, 2008

Moving Day... Sort of

We took possession of the keys today for our London flat (have to get the lingo right!) We moved a few bags over today, but will stay in the hotel one more night so we can sleep on real beds. Our shipment won't arrive for another week, so we bought a couple of air beds to avoid the hard floor. Decided that with guests and sleepovers we'll need them anyway. We'll take the bins over tomorrow and I'll finally get some wash done... four people x one week = a lot of wash.

When people leave the school, many donate items to the incoming teachers. Someone left some yarn. Didn't take too much, although I did grab some went to a friend of mine. I did take some nice 100% merino wool. There wasn't a lot, but I'm making two cases--one for an iPod and one for my husband's reading glasses. I'll try to felt it. Doesn't always work well in the front loading machine, but then again, my former cleaning lady did shrink my daughter's expensive Norwegian sweater without too much trouble. Once again, I'll have photos shortly.

I'm also still working on my leftover vest, but it's gotten too big to walk around with in my knitting bag so that's why I started the smaller projects mentioned above. I'm making it up the back of the vest at this point. It's going fine. Just hope it looks good when it's finished... a little rough at the moment. One of the yarns isn't the same quality as the others and it shows (puckers, not laying as nicely as the rest). Just hoping I'm not disappointed.

1 comment:

brittunia said...

Welcome to England! You have to go to I Knit London Day (a mini fiber/stitch show by London's best LYS) on September 6th. The Yarn Harlot will be speaking (sold out already) and should be a good day out.

Hope your transition is a good one and you're able to make those chair leg socks. What a snazzy idea.