Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Last of the Bubble


We've made it to London and found a flat. If all goes well, we'll have the keys Friday or Saturday... just in time (we're only in the hotel until Sunday). Now if the shipment comes, we'll be set to start the year.
I wanted to get the last pictures of the Bubbly Curtain up since the project is now finished. You can see the beaver sticks and the two panels. Also given a close up of how I've attached the sections (Martha Stewart ribbon). I used little sticks to keep the curtains from folding in.
Had planned to next start chair socks, but the flat that we've just taken has a carpet in the part of the house that will house the dining table. So much for that idea. Some day I WILL make chair socks. I guess I could still make them if I wanted and might, but will wait to see.
Currently knitting the Leftover sweater and about 13 inches done so far. I'll start the arm holes in about two inches. It's been a good project for this stressful time of hunting for apartments... doesn't take much thought. I'll get pictures up soon.
My friend who lives here has been learning to knit. She just finished a scarf for a friend and now I'm helping her knit something in the round for the first time. It may turn into an infant sweater for her brother's new baby or a purse for her daughter or a pillow cover for her son's bed. The beauty of knitting something in the round... it can turn into so many different things.
Not sure when we're get our own Internet connection so postings may be more sporadic, but I'll try.

No comments: