Monday, July 28, 2008

Bubble Curtain

I have a few more rows of knitting to do on the last panel of the Bubble Curtain, but I thought I'd include pictures of the side that I have hanging. I noticed it doesn't look great in the pictures, but you get the idea. I used medium starch on these, but think that with the length I should have used a heavier starch (which I have on the other side).
You can see that the curtains want to curl in on the sides. I have remedied this by threading some little sticks and twigs in the holes--looks like I need another stick on the purple panel.
The sun comes through this nicely in the morning. There's enough shade to keep from getting the direct sunlight, but it doesn't make the room dark. You can see the lake out the window in one of the pictures. I didn't want to totally give up that view, but I wanted something to give a little protection from the sun.
In this last picture, you see the infamous beaver stick. That guy swam by our dock last night and I was ready to wrestle a stick away from him, but he wasn't carrying anything... just heading home from work, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very clever and nicely done. It looks great !

Debbie