Friday, July 4, 2008

Finished the Everlasting Bagstopper, again


My eldest wanted an Everlasting Bastopper bag in purple. I'd finished the bag two weeks ago, but didn't have the ribbon for the straps. Purple is not easy to match... I made this pattern for my other daughter before, but had knitted straps. I can see why the pattern does not call for knitted straps... they stretched out and now the bag is practically on the floor for her. I may go back and sew some ribbon on that bag as well. What is so funny about this bag that you see here is that because I sewed the ribbons on the outside of the bag (not hidden on the inside) I sewed an "X" through the square that I'd sewn to make it look a little more finished. When she saw it, my daughter kept screaming, "It's so professional! It's looks like a professional did it!" Takes so little to impress the naive.

Thought I'd show you the boat and boat lift that has been taking so much of my husband's time lately. He's very proud of his boat, which is quite funny because he's not like some guys with their toys. I think he's so impressed with it because it was a "deal" AND has a big motor. A big motor in and of itself wouldn't impress him. This monster boat lift (all steel, not aluminum, so you can guess the weight) is also his pride and joy. Again, it's all about the fact that he didn't pay much and could just fix it up to meet our needs. He's currently working on a swim raft for the kids. Took me weeks to track down empty barrels, but I finally found them and for a deal as well. When it's done I'll let you take a peek.

When I was on the lake today, there were all sorts of Blue Flag Irises in bloom. Not a great picture, but they were lovely.

Have a happy and safe July 4th, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.......Also impressing the non-naive.

It's a terrific bag and, yes, very professionally finished !

Debbie