Saturday, March 14, 2009

The End Is Near

Wednesday night my husband won two free tickets to a preview show of a new musical opening in London called "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" (you probably remember the movie). So we thought, "Great, free tickets!" Saved us a bundle... special thanks to the St. John's Wood Women's Club for giving away their leftover tickets to teachers... as we didn't have to pay the £40/ticket price, but we still aren't at the place where we can leave the kids by themselves late at night. So those free tickets cost us £45. I'm not complaining... sure could have cost a heck of a lot more, but I see now why we tend to go out in turns and not together. But the end is near... I can almost see it. In another year or two, we'll be able to leave them at home alone and a free ticket will really be a free ticket.

Started the baby hat that will go with the baby blanket that I should be sending off to Japan any day so that it gets to B & M on time. Simple hat, so it shouldn't take too long, but then I'll need to do booties because there will be leftover yarn. Just hoping I'll get it sent before the due date in April.

Also contemplating cutting up some old t-shirts for yarn and making a bath mat for my en-suite bathroom. I donate tons of clothes to charity, but sometimes I worry that no one, no matter how destitute, should be subjected to my horrible, pit-stained t-shirts (what is it with white t-shirts and antiperspirant?). I found this wonderful blog with pictures that gives a great tutorial in how to cut the t-shirts and as you can see... the pits aren't included, so the pit-stains can go in the trash.
Here's the link to Polka Dot Pineapple. As the economy worsens, I feel more and more like my mom... starting to use every little thing and save stuff because maybe it can be used later. You should see the little back of yarn I've got started with pieces only two-inches long... is that excessive?

Off to fold clothes, nurse a sick kid and figure out how to celebrate hubby's birthday tonight. Wish me luck!


No comments: