Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Finally Over the Hump


I'm working on a Rowan sweater, Moustiers by Marie Wallin. Started with the large, but then realized that the back itself was a sweater and a half. I never know what size I am. Frogged it, started again, this time with the medium, but I didn't like the flair around the waist so I started with the number of stitches that you get to midway up. Seems like it will still be plenty big. I frogged a couple of times... always seemed just a little wrong... a missed stitch, whatever... just want it to be perfect. I'm about two inches into the sweater now, and after about five false starts, it feels good to finally feel like I've gotten over the hump.

Did something that I almost never do. I bought the exact yarn and in the exact color as the picture in the book for this sweater. Funny how the shade of the "red" is so different. You can see the difference in these two pictures.

After swimming today, talked to a little girl whom I see a lot at the pool. She is so intrigued with my knitting and is super outgoing and very sweet. She was wondering if I might knit her something very colorful after I'm done with my sweater. I'll have to find some bits of leftover yarn that's pretty and colorful and make her a little hat or something. I told her I'd only knit for her if she promised it wear it. She said, "I always wear what people make me... I love when people make me things!" I believe her.



No comments: