Thursday, January 3, 2008

Posting Will Make It Happen

The perils of living overseas became apparent with this sweater that I started during summer vacation. I invested in some nice Rowan yarn (Wool Cotton 941) and bought what the pattern called for. The size above called for the same amount, so I was convinced I was safe. However, when I started to measure the sleeves, I decided to go a little longer as I have freakishly long arms and hate sweaters that ride up to three-quarter length. Anyway, finished with JUST enough, but not enough to sew it together. I tried a similar color of a different yarn, but it didn't work, and then I tried another color in the same Rowan yarn, but that was a disaster as well.

I haven't found Rowan yarn here, so I called my mother-in-law to see if she could pick up one more ball for me and send it. She tried, but the store that sells in St. Cloud was out of the color I needed. I thought of ordering it and having it sent to her house so she could send it to me, but the added shipping was going to be expensive. Decided to wait until we went to London in December. I found the yarn easily, but paying in pounds didn't make it much cheaper.

Felt great to have the yarn I needed, but the sweater still hasn't gotten done. I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to sewing things together. Thought if I posted this picture, it would force me to get it finished or face cyber-embarrassment.

By the way, the pattern is really quite beautiful and fun to do. It's called Bookworm Tunic and is from Better Homes and Gardens' Hip Knits: 65 Easy Projects from Hot Designers.



No comments: