Sunday, January 27, 2008

Prague Knitting Groups Merge -- New "Official" Prague Stitch 'n Bitch is Born

Went to my knitting group yesterday. Haven't been able to go since the December holiday, but it appears that the old knitting group and a new knitting group have joined forces. I had a blast and knitters moving to Prague who want to meet a fun group of women, should hook up with this crew. I'm definitely the oldest in the group, so it's a young, spunky group with all sorts of interests and backgrounds. We were meeting at The Noodle Bar, a restaurant along the river in downtown Prague: Plavecka 4, Praha 2, Nove Mesto (http://www.noodle.cz/). It had great food and no smoking and they didn't mind if we sat. But we met late during the week and it took me an hour to an hour and a half to get home on public transport. That's fine because it was fun, but this group is currently meeting at someone's house a short bus ride from my house on Saturday afternoons. We'll see if that continues, but it's much more convenient for me. There is also talk of knitting for some local charities, which I like as well.

I have finished a few baby things. I'm on another bib from Mason*Dixon Knitting that's out of great colors. The baby these may be for isn't here yet, but should be any day now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Just find your blog. I am living in Prague and fond of knitting an crocheting. How could I learn more about your circle?

KKF said...

Email me at kfield2@gmail.com and I'll pass it along to the woman who hosts the group. Since it's in her home, it would be best if you talk directly to her. Thanks for your interest. Hope to see you there.

Anonymous said...

Karen! Thank you! :) Does your circle has a web-site or forum? How you are communicating with each other?
By the way do your circle's participants have interest to meet with knitting Czechs? They are meeting one time per month, the next would be in April.

KKF said...

At this point we just point we contact each other through email, but a website would be a good idea. Pass your email along and I'll get you on the list.

Anonymous said...

I send an e-mail to you :)))