Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back from Warsaw


Just got back from a girls' basketball tournament in Warsaw. So 8 1/2 hours each way on the train = 17 hours of knitting (or close to it anyway). Currently knitting a sweater for a friend's impending baby (is that the right word or too doom-filled?) Started using a cotton yarn to knit a blanket, but decided the texture of the pattern didn't work with the cotton, so I switched and used the yarn to knit a sweater from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation called "Baby's First Tattoo." Not sure yet if I'll put a "tattoo" on the sweater, but need to decide soon as I'm on the last front piece.

The last night in Warsaw the girls wanted to go to a mall, so we went to Galeria Mokotow ul. Woloska 12. Nice mall, but a mall's a mall. However, I did run into a little yarn and sewing shop there. I believe it was on the second floor. Anyway, I didn't buy anything, but they had some nice stuff that was quite cheap. Some of the other wool was pretty expensive, however, so not sure was up with that. Otherwise, absolutely no time to hunt for wool.

Good to be home and I'll try to post some pictures of the sweater soon.

No comments: