Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bundle of Ukrainian Wool


The poor woman who cleans and irons for me once a week doesn't hold my messy house against me. She again brought me a huge bundle of wool from the Ukraine. You can't see the size in the pictures, but this is a huge chunk of wool. Wanted to get a picture before I roll it into balls. It's a beautiful color of brownish gray. Lovely.

I've been working on the baby sweater and now have redone the two side pieces. They look great and I'm very glad that I frogged the thing and started over. It certainly took some extra time, but it was worth it. Now onto the sleeves. I'd like to get this done soon. Even if I don't sew it together until later, it would be nice to at least finish the pieces.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it scratching?

KKF said...

It isn't the softest--I will for sure be wearing a shirt under any sweater or vest I make out of this, but it isn't horribly scratchy.