Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tea Cozy Insanity



If you told me I would live to knit a tea cozy, I would have said you were insane... yet I've just finished one. And if you said it would look like a strawberry, I would have had you committed, yet here it is.

My friend Bethany just got her British citizenship, so she's having afternoon tea with some friends to celebrate. The women from work looked all over town to buy her a tea cozy, but couldn't find one, so I said I'd knit one. After I said it, there was no turning back, but in the back of my mind, I kept thinking, "I'm so not a tea cozy person." Maybe it's our impending move to London that put me in the mood... Anyway, Mirjana, another colleague, got out of Bethany what her tea set looked like. It's a beautiful Wedgwood Wild Strawberry pattern. Although the strawberry tea cozy wasn't initially high on my list of options, it seemed perfect for this occasion. The pattern is from MagKnits. It's actually pretty cute and I'm thinking of modifying it for a baby hat. Wouldn't that be cute? A pumpkin for Halloween, maybe!

No comments: