Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gotta Love a Free Tour

We're great lovers of free stuff, so went on our third free walking tour in Europe. If you get a chance, I highly recommend these walks. We've done the Berlin, London and Amsterdam tours and haven't been disappointed yet. If you don't like the tours, you can leave at any time. If you like them, you can give a tip. Of course, we always give a tip, so it isn't really free, but you can give what you feel you can afford so great for students. Visit the Sandemans New Europe website.

The reason I bring up the tour is because toward the last 20 minutes of the 3-hour walk, you pass right by the wool shop in town: De Afstap on Oude Leliestraat Centrum. I so wanted to stop, but the tour must go on, so I'll have to make my way back there later.

Today we're off to Leiden to see our friend Lynn who we taught with in Brazil. There's a wool shop there as well and although it's Sunday, I'm hoping it will be open. Hear the conservative government would like to halt Sunday shopping in The Netherlands, but my Dutch friend says the Dutch like to shop too much to ever go back to "shopless Sundays." I'm hoping!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for the info about the free tours--I might give that a try in Paris next month.

KKF said...

I would. I haven't done one there, but the quality of the three I've done have been similar. Let me know if you like it when you return.