Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Keukenhof Gardens

Spent the day visiting Keukenhof gardens. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to get there, but the traffic to this village was crazy, and we stood on the bus for well over and hour. Despite that, the weather held for us and the sun was out most of the day, so we had a great time walking the trails lined with flowers. If you aren't familiar with the Keukenhof gardens, this is a huge area (I think I read bigger than the land the airport sits on), that is covered in spring flowers. If you enjoy fresh air and colors only found in nature, you'll love this place. I'm including a few pictures so you can see some of what we saw. Once again, the Dutch seem pretty good at making things kid friendly. There was a maze, lily pads you could walk on (see picture) and playground equipment.

Including a picture of my Hoover blanket to this point. I don't mind standing on a bus, but I do mind not being able to do anything (like knit) for an hour. Seemed like a waste of time. I did get some knitting done on the way home. Still not much progress. Check out that tacky shag carpet in the apartment we're staying!

No comments: