Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Planning for Amsterdam

So I asked on the discussion board of the Crafty ExPats group on Ravelry about yarn shops in Amsterdam. There may be only one because I only got one response. I did look online at a site that I really like: Wool Works. I use it mostly to find yarn stores in places that I'll be traveling. Looks like Amsterdam itself has one yarn store listed, but there are others in places we will travel in the Netherlands like the Hague (Den Haag), so I'll try to make a side trip if possible. Here's the listing of yarn shops in the Netherlands.

As you know, my biggest packing dilemma never has anything to do with clothes or accessories, only knitting projects. I need to have enough to do so I don't get bored, but the projects also can't be so complicated that I can't do them on public transportation. I also like to make sure to have something on circular needles for the plane. We leave on Saturday, so I better get going now because this is a three-day job for sure.

No comments: