Monday, June 9, 2008

Goodbye to Prague Knitters

My last day at the Prague Stitch & Bitch was this past Saturday. I will certainly miss this group of women. Wish I had found them earlier. I'm not the only one moving, but fear not, new and great people seem to come each week. Here's the lovely card I left with on Saturday. Can't seem to get a closeup that isn't blurry, but I wanted you to see the cute pin that Kamila made. Those are tiny little knitting needles there... so cute, and I know exactly the coat I'm going to wear it on.

Worked on my curtains the other day while we were at a science and math department BBQ. My daughter, designated photographer for the day, took a picture. Finally made it downtown to get some circular needles for the plane (which you can see in the picture). So much easier to knit with than the old metal straight needles I was using, which were just too long for this project and should have come with a warning label attached: Danger, don't sit too close to knitter using these needles... may cause puncture wounds or take out an eye.

Any knitter knows the danger of going to his/her LYS just to pick up a set of needles... of course I had to buy a few balls of yarn because they were on sale. They had more of the alpaca wool that I've used for baby things and some other great baby wool in super colors.

Last little note: the baby that I made the green and blue sweater and hat for was born on Sunday. Heard he's a cutie.

No comments: