Sunday, June 15, 2008

Knitty.com's Everlasting Bagstopper

Finished the two sets of baby booties, gave them a wash and now they're drying. Cast on the baby hat. Decided on a different pattern... a little square number with double pompoms.

Also finished an Everlasting Bagstopper for my youngest daughter. She's not happy about the move and has taken to whining over everything. She wanted me to knit her a bag for the plane, so I let her pick the colors and pattern and made the thing. Of course, I love it and am very happy with the pattern, etc., however, she's whiny and is looking for things to complain about... it stretches too much, things might fall out of the holes, the strap isn't right... I know that it has nothing to do with the bag... that's just the easy target and she can articulate her displeasure about the bag, not about the move. If past experience serves, I know that once we're gone and she's at the lake, she will be fine.

Now the oldest wants a bag. I've started one in purples (her favorite color). Going between the bag and the hat while trying to get everything packed for the movers on Wednesday. Can't wait until that day's done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you and your family with moving and re-locating. I look forward to seeing what challenges you take on next, both in knitting, and in your new environment, as I continue to travel the world vicariously through you, (if that's not too terribly bold of me.)

By the way...that bag is great ! Great pattern. Clever colours. Good for you. Your daughters will appreciate them, in their own way, of course.

Debbie