Saturday, June 7, 2008

Surprise Trip... to Karlstejn Castle

There are three of us leaving work this year. One's going to Japan, one's going to have a baby, and of course, I'm going to London. So the three remaining colleagues got together and planned a surprise trip for us to Karlsteijn Castle.

They were great. They had tickets already purchased for the tour of the castle (the one that only happens during the summer months). The train doesn't say anything about Karlstejn and my sense of geography is a joke so they had me fooled until we stepped off the train. I really had no idea where we were going.

It was a great day and I realized how fortunate I am to work with such great people. Always so thoughtful. It was funny that they chose this place, because a few days earlier I was thinking to myself, "How lame are you? Three years in the Czech Republic and you haven't even made it to Karlstejn Castle!" They saved me! Many thanks to Linda, Sandra and Mirjana for planning everything.

I took the Hoover blanket on the trip. It was on this trip that I realized that I needed to start some summer knitting. It was soooo hot and the Hoover blanket is getting big enough that I was sweating with it on my lap. Decided to get out a smaller project and one out of cotton.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise !

The last time we were in the Czech Republic we visited the state Castle Cesky Krumlov. I will never forget it. We have nothing like this in Canada. In fact, most East European houses are older than our Country !

Did you learn to speak any Czech while in Prague ?
It's a tough language to learn.

Debbie

KKF said...

I loved Cesky Krumlov. It's beautiful as well and the town is so wonderful there.

Never learned Czech. I usually take lessons when we move to a new country, but here it didn't work out for various reasons, but the bottom line... I'm embarrassed that I never learned. Hopefully I'll learn the language in London :) hee hee