Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hubby: "You haven't been knitting much lately!"

That's an understatement. I think the end-of-the-year chaos plus getting ready to move, all the kids' parties and concerts and our parties and obligations have kept me from getting much knitting done. I won't even go into the horrible nightmares I've had lately... (usually getting stuck somewhere like an elevator or having trouble getting off an escalator).

Started working on the Bubbly Curtains from Mason-Dixon Knitting. Started these last summer for a double-paned glass door in our upstairs bedroom that overlooks the lake. I have four squares finished in different colors that match the rug (Rowan Wool Cotton). Four more squares remaining for the other side of the door. Haven't figured out how I'll put them all together or what I'll hang them on, but I'm sure something will inspire me. Can't show you a picture of the finished product yet as those that are finished are in the States. The one I've started isn't complete and they look so different once they are heavily starched and blocked that they are pretty unrecognizable at the moment.

Still have one baby booty left. I've put it aside for a few days, but need to get back to it soon. Need to have those done before I go.

Wanted to get downtown today to get some needles that I can use on the plane home--my only US5s are straight, which I'm not going to risk taking, but needed to take care of a friend's daughter. She's moving as well and is feeling the pressure too. She has the added pressure of having her husband out of the country already as he's already started the new job. Seemed that going downtown wasn't an option--needed to help out (she's always great about helping us so time to pay her back). Might try to hit the needles tonight. Wish me luck. (Snuck in about 10 minutes at a meeting today!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed ! It is sometimes a challenge to squeeze our beloved knitting time in between all of those other responsibilities. Really, we would just rather be knitting wouldn't we?

I love the photos of your girls ( I assume ) playing at what appears to be a music recital. I, myself, am just now returning from having completed a music exam (Grade 4 piano) and, believe me, it is a major challenge to be taking this on as an adult, aged 52, never having played before ! So...guess what I did to calm my nerves while waiting for my turn to do the exam ? Yep. I knit. And it worked.

Good luck with your move. I look forward to see what you take on next.....

Debbie.... aka yarnRx

KKF said...

Those are my girls at their violin concert. Congratulations on taking up the piano--so brave. When the girls first started taking violin lessons, the teacher made me learn to play with them. It was fun, but I wasn't under pressure to perform.