Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Forever Frogging


Finally finished a very simple hat I have been knitting for myself. I think I started a week ago and frogged it twice. Once because I didn't like the style and the second time because it just didn't feel long enough. I hate it when my earlobes aren't entirely covered and with about a half inch more on top of that. Something about that part of my neck just gets sooooo cold! Seems silly to be knitting hats since we're now all skiing in helmets, but when you stop for a gluhwein or a glass of Almdudler and take off your helmet, your head does get cold, so I carry everyone's hat in my backpack. Besides, I needed something that matches my new jacket.

The little one also begged to have a hat like her sister's (Lyra hat), so I whipped one up tonight. It's the leftover yarn from the hats I made for the ski trip. There's still enough for something, but I'm getting so sick of the yarn, I'm not sure I'll do much with it for awhile. Here they are reading in bed with their hats on. Kinda cute.

We're skiing in Schladming, Austria at the moment and I hope to get downtown sometime to see if they have any good wool shops. I know I'm not supposed to buy anything, but I would like to look.

No comments: