Thursday, May 1, 2008

Juggling Work and a Knitting Obsession

This is nothing new. Many knitters work. It's just sometimes hard to juggle both. As a librarian, much of my free time really needs to be spent reading. Just finished The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick this morning. But I can't seem to hold needles and a book at the same time--while reading and knitting that is. I was fascinated to read today on Ravelry of a knitter who can read and knit at the same time as long as the book is hardback. Oh how I wish. I instead must rely on audio books to allow me to enjoy my two favorite pastimes. Just finished Sherman Alexie's The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian and am currently listening to Amsterdam by Ian McEwan. My trusty iPod Shuffle keeps me in books while knitting.

Here's a picture of my progress on the Hoover blanket.

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I have always wanted to be a librarian! May sound funny but I've always loved books.
Love your blog
Vicki