Sunday, May 11, 2008

Prague Stitch 'n Bitch Always Fun

I took my daughter to Stitch 'n Bitch yesterday. She took some knitting and a couple books thinking it was going to be boring and she might need to read to escape the conversation. On the contrary, when we left she said, "That was fun! I see why you want to go to knitting group. They are all so interesting and nice." My sentiments exactly. I don't know what she thought we talked about... and of course we talk some about knitting, but it's mostly about everything else. It was fun to see some new members come as well.

Started the Christine's Baby Booties for another work baby (due July). I was a bit stuck on the pattern, but waited until I saw Danielle from the group. She's knit a gazillion of these (my daughter says that must be an exaggeration, but I don't think so) and I knew she'd help. And sure enough she did, so I got the first booty done and have started on the second. Not sure if it's a boy or girl so will get some ribbon in purple for a girl and will make an I-cord if it's a boy. Will probably also make a matching hat.

I've also posted the matching hat that I made for the Baby's First Tattoo Sweater that I finished. Not sure I posted a picture of it so here it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is nothing quite like a room filled with like-minded people sharing the same passions and understanding one another's obsessive behaviours.

I, too, belong to a knitting circle and find I have learned more about kntting technique from them than I have from any book.

To have a daughter to tag along ? ....Now that is a privilege to which I have not had the pleasure.

Happy knitting to all of you from Eastern Canada !

Debbie (yarnRx)

knittingdragonflies said...

I love these baby bootie, very cute and look like they would stay on.
Vicki

Claudia Bugh said...

That's a lovely little set. I have a small group of knitting ladies I ocassionally meet up with and we have such a nice time together.